Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Beta Hi Fi SL-HF750 - No Video/Picture display - whats wrong?

I have a Sony Beta - SL-HF750

It plays the tape, I can hear sound when connecting the VCR to the TV
using RCA cables - but there is no picture. All I get is a snowy
picture and Scrambled Lines if I choose Super Beta.

Audio works, I can hear it.

Using standard RF Coaxial cable, I get the same results.

What to look for?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 23, 4:37 pm, Was Immer ) wrote:
I have a Sony Beta - SL-HF750

It plays the tape, I can hear sound when connecting the VCR to the

TV
using RCA cables - but there is no picture. All I get is a snowy
picture and Scrambled Lines if I choose Super Beta.

Audio works, I can hear it.

Using standard RF Coaxial cable, I get the same results.

What to look for?

Dirty heads but it's old enough to need a good cleaning by an
experienced tech. I don't recommend cleaning cassettes and if you
don't know what you're doing, video heads are easy to break and
expensive to replace - if they are even available for a 20 year old
machine.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cleaning tapes can clog the heads. I'd try flushing them with an appropriate
spray cleaners.