Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Information on RCA HTS6000?

Just obtained this "600 watt" RCA HTS6000 3 disk DVD receiver and wondered
if anyone had any information about it please? All I can find is
http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/u...5020_PM_EN.pdf

Looks like a high quality, well constructed item with beefy transformers and
even a fan to keep the power trannies cool.

On the flip side, the 600 watts refers to 100 on each of 6 channels and can
only manage it with a distortion of .9% at a frequency range of only
40-20KHz, RCA denies all knowledge of it, saying it is a Radio Shack item
and when I asked them about using RCA or Proscan remotes for it, just tried
to get rid of me.

Does anyone know who made it and whether it is just a piece of junk please?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:57:29 -0500, news.rcn.com wrote:

[...]

Say's RCA on the front doesn't it? It's no more of a piece of junk than
anyone else makes of this type of a/v device.

I was wondering if anyone had ever had one of these apart or had cause to
repair any of these RCA-orphaned Radio Shack products and noticed recurring
problems indicative of the use of inferior components or excessive
distortion? If, for example the power trannies are in any way under par, is
there any point (quality wise) in connecting its pre-amp to a proper quality
power amplifier? I had never heard of anyone quoting .9% distortion since
the early 1960s when transistors started to replace valves, especially when
also saying that their unit cant go below 40 Hz?

Do no other Home Theatre setups have better figures than this?

some information jassica Home Repair 1 March 14th 07 10:56 AM
some information jassica Home Repair 0 March 13th 07 04:06 AM
Looking for more information. [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 17th 04 02:05 PM
Looking for more information. [email protected] Metalworking 1 December 16th 04 07:20 AM
Looking for more information. [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 16th 04 06:47 AM