Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Please help me get my Quasar tv/vcr combo out of display mode!!

This tv is somehow stuck in display mode. It scrolls this message on
the screen:

I-CON MENU
AUTO CLOCK SET
wITH 24-HOUR BACKUP
SLEEP TIMER
ON-TIMER
WAKE UP ALARM
EASY PROGRAMMING
....AND MUCH MUCH MORE
ASK FOR DETAILS!!!

How do i get this to stop??? i use it during college football season!

Thanks for your help!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
This tv is somehow stuck in display mode. It scrolls this message on
the screen:

I-CON MENU
AUTO CLOCK SET
wITH 24-HOUR BACKUP
SLEEP TIMER
ON-TIMER
WAKE UP ALARM
EASY PROGRAMMING
...AND MUCH MUCH MORE
ASK FOR DETAILS!!!

How do i get this to stop??? i use it during college football season!

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like it's in demo mode. Do you have the original remote or owner's
manual? Otherwise, I'd try unplugging the set for a while and then plugging
it back in to see if that clears it up. Also post the model number. That
will get you more responses.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 8, 12:16 pm, "David Farber" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

L.A., CA- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, it's a VV1317W. I found this post after much searching:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=37735
(posted below)

i called them, they said hold the play button down for 6 seconds, and
it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

You're correct, your Quasar SP-2725 is made by Panasonic. They're
usually pretty good about keeping manuals online, but they don't seem
to have yours readily accessible.

Here's how you can reach them:

800-211-7262

E-mail:

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST
Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST
Open on Holidays

Camcorder: Works perfect in 0 LUX mode; Hazy in normal mode Raqueeb Hassan Electronics Repair 2 January 9th 07 05:18 PM
Quasar T. V. Vince Electronics Repair 1 September 1st 06 09:22 AM
Need help finding a schematic for a Quasar TV/VCR combo mikeydude Electronics Repair 10 April 10th 05 05:05 AM
Need parts values - Quasar TV/VCR combo mod#VV8220, chassis # KM-201 mikeydude Electronics Repair 0 March 12th 05 05:17 PM
admiral combo service mode mike Electronics 0 November 4th 03 08:36 PM