Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA P61310/ DVT307

I have a RCA P61310/ DVT307 that had some of the common issues. While
changing out the brown caps I noticed that resistor r14140 is not
looking so great and can not make out the bands. I would like to
replace this resistor if anyone has a schematic or is working on one
of these sets please let me know what the value of this resistor is.
Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

These particular sets are quite intricate in their design, suggest having it
serviced professionally by a facility that has done a lot of them. Even with
the complete service manual and training guides from Thomson you would be
hard pressed to repair this dog.
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a RCA P61310/ DVT307 that had some of the common issues. While
changing out the brown caps I noticed that resistor r14140 is not
looking so great and can not make out the bands. I would like to
replace this resistor if anyone has a schematic or is working on one
of these sets please let me know what the value of this resistor is.
Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

AJ is right. There are alot of bugs in those sets. Sometimes they blow
**** out or shutdown when changing fro 2.14H to 2H. There is alot more
going on too, why do they reset to the year 1970 when they shutdown ?

Very buggy very pain in the ass. I'll try to get you the value
tomorrow at work. If you got it running fine. I mean a running DTV307
is a rare thing. I am not kidding. I'll even get you the part number
for the original part from RCA.

But once you are happy with it, I suggest you get it out of your
sights. Those things are bad news, and always have been. The way they
treat it almost seems as if their engineers are insulted that any of
us can get any of them running. I really think this chassis was
designed to scare technicians out of the business.

If it runs, ship it and get your money, if it runs you got some paint
on resistors that has seen some heat, that's all. I would suggest you
start the reassembly now and forget about the discolored resistor, if
it runs.

If it doesn't run, whoa be unto thee for thy are accursed for sure.
Repent now. (LOL)

JURB