Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TV model KV-24FV10 set from hell

I got this set in after a storm. There was a black flash burn on the
board across the AC line terminals. When turn on is attempted the
relay clicks about twice every second. I have checked just about every
component on the power supply board. I have replaced the following
components, (Some of which didn't seem bad when comparing them to new
replacements with an ohm meter) but I replaced them anyway:
IC602, (SE135)
R648, (2.2K)
D606, (TF541M)
PH600, (PC123)
IC601, (STRF6626)
I've had this pig almost two months now so it is a total loss as far
as trying to make any money on it but I would at least like to try to
get my parts value out of it and maybe preserve a little dignity. I'm
not really sure how to troubleshoot this clicking relay symptom. Did
I miss something? Can any one help me with any ideas and perhaps a
schematic? Thanks for any assistance with this. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.