Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ESR Tester, cheap

Just curious if anyone has used this particular ESR meter. The price is
right...

scroll about 1/2 way down the page:
http://www.matelectronics.com/acatal..._Other_61.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
. net...
Just curious if anyone has used this particular ESR meter. The price is
right...

scroll about 1/2 way down the page:
http://www.matelectronics.com/acatal..._Other_61.html

I bought one those about a year ago. If I recall it's made in china and
branded for MAT. It works well for me and the company is great to do
business with. They also send out catalogs with lots of goodies in it.
Good prices.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:02:48 GMT, Sofa Slug
wrote:

Just curious if anyone has used this particular ESR meter. The price

is
right...

scroll about 1/2 way down the page:
http://www.matelectronics.com/acatal..._Other_61.html

It also comes with the Sun Rise brand on it. Here's some discussion on
the product http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2798

Looking at the scale graduations in your pic it would appear to have
extremely poor resolution for caps in the low ESR range. You really
need a meter with an expanded range reading of say 0 - 10 ohms max.
Any higher reading is meaningless since an electro cap with 10 ohms
esr is useless for anything.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Just curious if anyone has used this particular ESR meter. The price is
right...

scroll about 1/2 way down the page:
http://www.matelectronics.com/acatal..._Other_61.html

I bought one of these a year or so ago for the purpose of adding it to
our ESR comparison page www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/esrcompar.htm
It was so poor that I stopped the testing.

Made in China of the poorest quality components.

There may have been improvemnets since then but I have no interest in
pursueing it.

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can waste lots of time ..or.. you can just save up and buy a Cap
Wizard . I have owned one for years now and it never fails me .
The last load of mid 70`s & 80`s jukeboxes i got all had plenty of small
capacitors on and in every circuit board & box .
I never suspected high quality 80`s jukeboxes to have so many bad
capacitors in them . The Cap Wizard made quick help of cleaning up all
of these machines of bad caps .

The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com

John,

Thanks for the comments & link - very informative. Thanks to everyone
else as well ...I especially appreciate all the user feedback.

-S
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gone forever !!!! i should then grab an extra if i ever see one . I was
thnking of buying an ESR years ago then i walked into one of our small
local repair shops where he had piles of junk in boxes all over the
place andon top was this Cap Wizard along with one of those small
computer monitor testers . 100$ for both .

Cheap phone cord (related to cheap extension cords) mm Home Repair 20 August 8th 06 04:04 AM
IC tester??? Russ Electronics Repair 2 March 25th 05 03:48 AM
Which PAT tester ? nick smith UK diy 3 February 11th 04 05:59 PM