DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony receiver, almost no volume (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/210082-sony-receiver-almost-no-volume.html)

[email protected] August 7th 07 06:23 PM

Sony receiver, almost no volume

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] August 8th 07 01:44 AM

Sony receiver, almost no volume

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Jamie August 8th 07 02:12 AM

Sony receiver, almost no volume

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Ah don't spoil the fun, skip Step #1 :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

[email protected] August 8th 07 11:38 PM

Sony receiver, almost no volume

On Aug 7, 5:44 pm, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Wow, I feel like a dumbass! thanks

Jumpster Jiver August 11th 07 12:38 PM

wrote:
On Aug 7, 5:44 pm, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

wrote in message

groups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Wow, I feel like a dumbass! thanks

Nope - a dumbass would have thrown it in the garbage, started taking it
apart, or found another way to cause damage.

Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] August 11th 07 12:48 PM

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
wrote:
On Aug 7, 5:44 pm, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

wrote in message

egroups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Wow, I feel like a dumbass! thanks

Nope - a dumbass would have thrown it in the garbage, started taking it
apart, or found another way to cause damage.

Amen!

mz