Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony receiver, almost no volume

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.

Mark Z.

Ah don't spoil the fun, skip Step #1

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 7, 5:44 pm, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have an older Sony receiver. When I turn up the volume all the way,
I can barely hear anything. This happens on the tuner as well as cd
player. I have tried different speakers, still doesn't work. Any
ideas? I was thinking I may have fried the amp or preamp?! The model
# is STR-D711.

1. Turn volume DOWN.
2. Turn tape monitor switch OFF.
3. Return volume to normal level.