Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Super Dog", Curtis Mathes/Samsung TV model CM27001S, additions

Hi R!,

I didn't list every test I did because the post already is very long.

One more thing I am going to try the next time I order parts. I am going
to order a TDA6107Q, video amp IC on the CRT pcb. This is the only
item left as far as I can tell. I had cases where this IC has caused a
shutdown, but I don't have it in stock.

I have thought about this at great length and I wondered about what
actually changes when the picture begins to show. Remember, one test,
the HV lead was disconnected. With minimum G2 voltage, there is no
K (RGB) current in the CRT. When K current begins to flow, the source
is coming from TDA6107Q. It may be possible this IC "breaks down"?

Brad

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:57:20 +0000 (UTC), in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

(Brad) wrote in
:

Hi,

Reply to the two who replied, and anyone else:

Please read and comprehend all the details in my post (sorry it is
long).
If you did, you wouldn't make those suggestions.

Brad

Problem:

Set shuts down when screen control advanced enough to show raster
(Image) ?

Raster without signal input same yes or no ?

How is the set being shutdown ?

Overvoltage ? PS ?

Overcurrent ? PS ?

Beamcurrent ? PS ?

Vertical Sweep CRT protect ?

Micro Reset ?

X-ray Protect ?

AKB Problem ?

Find what citcuit is triggering the set to shutdown ?

Is the CRT DAG (Outside bell) above ground ?

Since I don't have the service info I can't tell you more ?

I think you mistook my other post, the world does not end if you don't
fix this one set...

Is the symcure forum still active ?

It's a pay site for professionals, I have not been there since
retirement in 2002 .

Back in the old tube days I spent $47.00 fixing a $69.00 B/W tv just
because I did not want anything to beat me (I ended up removing all of
the "shotgun" parts and just leaving what the set needed) the customers
bill was only ($27.00) I definately lost money on that set but
experiance gained probably made me a better tech for it. I got a little
older and decided some things were not worth making gray hairs over.

R!