Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA Plazma TV.

RCA Plazma, under warranty, Model # P42WED33, unit has vertical bars
running down the
right hand side of the screen, about 1/3 of the screen has lines that
can be seen only on dark
scenes, & they are in threes, & some by themselves. Also, some tiny
noise specs throughout
the pix on analog tuner, as qwell as some slight burn-in. This is
practically brand new. First one
I have seen. Are parts even available for these? I read that LCD, &
some other units, have no parts, just replacement. Has anyone worked
on this nuit? Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
RCA Plazma, under warranty, Model # P42WED33, unit has vertical bars
running down the
right hand side of the screen, about 1/3 of the screen has lines that
can be seen only on dark
scenes, & they are in threes, & some by themselves. Also, some tiny
noise specs throughout
the pix on analog tuner, as qwell as some slight burn-in. This is
practically brand new. First one
I have seen. Are parts even available for these? I read that LCD, &
some other units, have no parts, just replacement. Has anyone worked
on this nuit? Thanks, Dani.

Screen burn is permanent, the bars are likely bad drivers bonded to the
panel which also means the set is not economical to repair if that's the
issue.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Plasma screen burn
I have had some success minimizing mild cases of screen burn-in on Plasma
screens by displaying a 100% APL white screen from my video signal generator
for several hours.... after two or three sessions the screen burn-in may all
but disappear in some cases..... I agree with James Sweet though.... screen
burn is permanent in all but very mild cases.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - - - - -

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
RCA Plazma, under warranty, Model # P42WED33, unit has vertical bars
running down the
right hand side of the screen, about 1/3 of the screen has lines that
can be seen only on dark
scenes, & they are in threes, & some by themselves. Also, some tiny
noise specs throughout
the pix on analog tuner, as qwell as some slight burn-in. This is
practically brand new. First one
I have seen. Are parts even available for these? I read that LCD, &
some other units, have no parts, just replacement. Has anyone worked
on this nuit? Thanks, Dani.

Screen burn is permanent, the bars are likely bad drivers bonded to the
panel which also means the set is not economical to repair if that's the
issue.

Fujitsu Plazma TV. Dani Electronics Repair 1 April 21st 07 08:52 PM
Plazma T.V. Dani Electronics Repair 1 January 15th 07 08:08 PM
Plazma T.V. by Prima. Dani Electronics Repair 1 September 7th 06 12:11 AM
LG Plazma T.V. Dani Electronics Repair 2 August 23rd 06 12:24 AM
LG Plazma T.V. Dani Electronics Repair 1 August 22nd 06 01:31 AM