Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Zenith Pip System 3, blank screen, but sound and menu work

I got a Zenith TV with a blank screen problem.

WHen cold, the TV would start fine, then after a few minutes, the picture would blank out (a blank screen.) The sound still works, and the menu, volume, channel info can still be displayed on the screen, but I have picture. The problem use to be fixed by powering off/on the tv. The blank screen would come on intermittently.

Well tonight, the picture went blank, and I couldn't get it back on. So I let the TV sit off for 20min off while I did some googling on the net searching for an answer (that's how I found this forum.)

After 20min, when I turned the TV on, it worked for another 10minutes, then went out blank again after a minute or so. I haven't been able to get a picture back since.

I am thinking it is a bad cap (just a case), I'll take it apart tomorrow and test some di-electric caps around the board with my scope.
Anyone have suggestions that maybe the cause of the problem?

The Zenith TV is a PIP SYSTEM 3, Model SR2573DT, serial 522-454-80230. It was built in 1995.

Thank you.