DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cleaning type of mechanical typewriter? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/200855-cleaning-type-mechanical-typewriter.html)

[email protected] May 16th 07 04:41 PM

cleaning type of mechanical typewriter?

I can't find a typewriter forum amongst Google groups so am posting
question here. What is the best and easiest method of type of
mechanical typewriter?

best, Aaron

Ron(UK) May 16th 07 04:43 PM

wrote:
I can't find a typewriter forum amongst Google groups so am posting
question here. What is the best and easiest method of type of
mechanical typewriter?

best, Aaron

Some swear by using blutack on the typeface.

I`m not sure what Blutack is called in countries other then the UK

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

[email protected] May 16th 07 05:40 PM

On 16 May, 16:41, " wrote:
I can't find a typewriter forum amongst Google groups so am posting
question here. What is the best and easiest method of type of
mechanical typewriter?

best, Aaron

1. Blutack or plasticine
2. A brush with dense very short stiff bristles - take a half inch
paint brush and cut it down to half an inch long.

NT

Homer J Simpson May 16th 07 06:23 PM

cleaning type of mechanical typewriter?

wrote in message
oups.com...

I can't find a typewriter forum amongst Google groups so am posting
question here. What is the best and easiest method of type of
mechanical typewriter?

Old toothbrush and kerosene.