DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JDM PIC programmer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/200519-jdm-pic-programmer.html)

[email protected] May 13th 07 04:30 AM

JDM PIC programmer

Hello,
A while ago I came across a schematic for a slightly modified JDM PIC
programmer which I just finished building. Unfortunately using it with
IC Prog did not yield good results- even though Vdd and MCLR voltages
are present, I am only getting blank data when trying to read/write a
16F84A chip.

* What other signals should I be checking and what are the expected
values ?

* What are reliable settings in IC Prog ?

* Does the schematic look correct? I compared it with the original
design and noticed a 2.2k instead of 1.5k resistor and the transistors
are different, though they seem to have similar specs :
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/633/jdmro1.png

Thank you!