Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JDM PIC programmer

Hello,
A while ago I came across a schematic for a slightly modified JDM PIC
programmer which I just finished building. Unfortunately using it with
IC Prog did not yield good results- even though Vdd and MCLR voltages
are present, I am only getting blank data when trying to read/write a
16F84A chip.

* What other signals should I be checking and what are the expected
values ?

* What are reliable settings in IC Prog ?

* Does the schematic look correct? I compared it with the original
design and noticed a 2.2k instead of 1.5k resistor and the transistors
are different, though they seem to have similar specs :
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/633/jdmro1.png

Thank you!

PIC/EEPROM programmer for use with IBM XT Ernie Werbel Electronics 3 September 4th 06 08:12 PM
16c57 PIC programmer tone Electronics Repair 6 July 19th 05 12:16 AM
PIC 16C5X Programmer kl1k Electronics 2 September 14th 04 07:35 PM
Can anybody Coment - PIC MadCrazyNewbie Electronics 0 August 26th 04 10:04 AM
Fuming it is! *PIC* David F. Eisan Woodworking 82 November 7th 03 02:42 PM