Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

Default Paper Jam - HP Laser Jet series II, Apple LaserWriter II NT

HP Laser Jet series II; Apple LaserWriter II NT

I have one of each. These are getting up in years; the HP has slots
for the additional font cartridges. I think they are PostScript
printers. They use the HP 92295A toner cartridge.

Both have the same problem - paper jam. The paper will be pulled out
of the tray for a few inches, and then the machines stop. The city
will be having its special pickup soon, and before I stick one or both
out for that, or before I Freecycle one, is there a quick fix for
this? If it's an "everyone knows that one" as opposed to a "could be a
lot of things" problem, I don't mind attempting a repair. I have other
laser printers, so it's not mandatory that I get these running. I
don't have the service manuals for these.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

Hi!

I would look at the pick roller...that is the somewhat large rubber roller
hanging down above the cavity for the paper tray. You can see it with a
flashlight.

It's cheap and not all that hard to replace.

The LaserWriter will be a PostScript printer. The LaserJet is a PCL printer,
unless someone added a "Postscript personality" module to it. I've seen them
for the LJIII at least.

William

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

On 14 Apr 2007 11:52:25 -0700, "Beloved Leader"
wrote:

HP Laser Jet series II; Apple LaserWriter II NT

I have one of each. These are getting up in years; the HP has slots
for the additional font cartridges. I think they are PostScript
printers. They use the HP 92295A toner cartridge.

Both have the same problem - paper jam. The paper will be pulled out
of the tray for a few inches, and then the machines stop. The city
will be having its special pickup soon, and before I stick one or both
out for that, or before I Freecycle one, is there a quick fix for
this? If it's an "everyone knows that one" as opposed to a "could be a
lot of things" problem, I don't mind attempting a repair. I have other
laser printers, so it's not mandatory that I get these running. I
don't have the service manuals for these.

Thanks in advance.

Clean the rollers with solvent such as Acetone... May help. Do this in
an an open environment! (Use commercial solvent, not fingernail polish
remover which has oil in it.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
oups.com...
HP Laser Jet series II; Apple LaserWriter II NT

I have one of each. These are getting up in years;

Both have the same problem - paper jam. The paper will be pulled out
of the tray for a few inches, and then the machines stop.

snip

See he- http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/HP/K01

HP LaserJet II/III Pickup Jam Repair Kit

Colin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

On Apr 14, 2:52 pm, "Beloved Leader"
wrote:
HP Laser Jet series II; Apple LaserWriter II NT

I have one of each. These are getting up in years; the HP has slots
for the additional font cartridges. I think they are PostScript
printers. They use the HP 92295A toner cartridge.

Both have the same problem - paper jam. The paper will be pulled out
of the tray for a few inches, and then the machines stop. The city
will be having its special pickup soon, and before I stick one or both
out for that, or before I Freecycle one, is there a quick fix for
this? If it's an "everyone knows that one" as opposed to a "could be a
lot of things" problem, I don't mind attempting a repair. I have other
laser printers, so it's not mandatory that I get these running. I
don't have theservicemanualsfor these.

Thanks in advance.

You can get the service manual at http://www.justmanuals.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers

wrote:
HP Laser Jet series II; Apple LaserWriter II NT

[snip]

Thanks to everyone who wrote. I'll take a look at them. I can make
room by clearing out a few unused monitors or inkjet printers or
something.