DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pointer stop working (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/196549-pointer-stop-working.html)

Jonesy82 March 30th 07 04:03 AM

pointer stop working

hi all,
have window xp home edition and a week ago my pointer and wondows would lock
for a few second and go back working for a minute and lock back up would
like to know what's happen. thanks in advance.

jakdedert March 30th 07 07:41 AM

pointer stop working

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Jonesy82" wrote in message
hi all,
have window xp home edition and a week ago my pointer and wondows would
lock for a few second and go back working for a minute and lock back up
would like to know what's happen. thanks in advance.

Bad mouse. Bad!

....or some process locking the computer...spyware or such.

jak

hr(bob) [email protected] March 31st 07 03:05 AM

pointer stop working

On Mar 30, 12:41 am, jakdedert wrote:
Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Jonesy82" wrote in message
hi all,
have window xp home edition and a week ago my pointer and wondows would
lock for a few second and go back working for a minute and lock back up
would like to know what's happen. thanks in advance.

Bad mouse. Bad!

...or some process locking the computer...spyware or such.

jak

Same thing happened to my wife. We got a new mouse and all is well
since then.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

[email protected] March 31st 07 08:33 AM

pointer stop working

On 30 Mar, 04:03, "Jonesy82" wrote:

hi all,
have window xp home edition and a week ago my pointer and wondows would lock
for a few second and go back working for a minute and lock back up would
like to know what's happen. thanks in advance.

ctrl alt del, shut down al the crap that shouldnt be running. Usually
does it, but not always.

When satisfied, stop it starting at boot time by running c windows
msconfig.exe and unticking the unwanted junk in 'startup' tab.

NT