Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Goodmans AM/FM tuners.

In case anyone was pondering hard on the question and about to reply,
don't bother - it's sorted. ;-)

Turned out to be a fault in the VCO power supply - the same cap had
failed in each one.

--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo Geo is offline

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:44:55 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In case anyone was pondering hard on the question and about to reply,
don't bother - it's sorted. ;-)

Turned out to be a fault in the VCO power supply - the same cap had
failed in each one.

How did you locate it? (freeze?)

Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

In case anyone was pondering hard on the question and about to reply,
don't bother - it's sorted. ;-)

Turned out to be a fault in the VCO power supply - the same cap had
failed in each one.

How did you locate it? (freeze?)

I probably never would have without a circuit diagram - but I had a
working tuner so compared voltages and waveforms etc and got lucky.

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo Geo is offline

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:16:26 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I probably never would have without a circuit diagram - but I had a
working tuner so compared voltages and waveforms etc and got lucky.

Certainly lucky to get a circuit diagram of anything these days - annoying
because the things always start off from that stage so they always exist
in-house.

Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Geo wrote:
I probably never would have without a circuit diagram - but I had a
working tuner so compared voltages and waveforms etc and got lucky.

Certainly lucky to get a circuit diagram of anything these days -
annoying because the things always start off from that stage so they
always exist in-house.

At one time you always got one - at least with decent makes. Why you
don't now I'm not sure - it's not as if it would prevent piracy.

--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off*