DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for a portable (mp3 size) AM TUNER. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/194500-looking-portable-mp3-size-am-tuner.html)

lbbss March 9th 07 01:20 AM

Looking for a portable (mp3 size) AM TUNER.

I looking for something small - the size of a MP3 player. I need a AM
tuner, and if it has MP3 option, that would be a bonus. Why is it they
make fm tuner with MP3 players but not am tuners?

Shawn Hirn March 9th 07 02:27 AM

Looking for a portable (mp3 size) AM TUNER.

In article , "lbbss" [email protected]
wrote:

I looking for something small - the size of a MP3 player. I need a AM
tuner, and if it has MP3 option, that would be a bonus. Why is it they
make fm tuner with MP3 players but not am tuners?

I think the problem with AM radio is they need a bigger antenna, not to
mention the fact that most of the interesting stations (at least in my
area) are on FM.

N. Morrow March 10th 07 04:56 AM

Looking for a portable (mp3 size) AM TUNER.

Since you didn't say how much you want to spend, check out these guys:
http://www.pogoproducts.com/radio_yourway.html

-Nick