Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips VCR VR6750

I've got a VCR from a friend. He asked me if I can look at it.
When I play a tape, the screen is flickering, there is some picture but
some rows of white things on the screen.

I do some tests with it, looking around on repairfaq.org but no result.
I put the same tape in my own tv/vcr-set. And now this it damaged too ;-(
Only sound, but no picture. How can a tape damage my vcr which was working
perfectly? I really did nothing wrong. I put the tape in the set, press play
and hear some
noise (tape too heavy maybe??) and voila, damaged.

Who has had this before??

Thanks anyway

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Jan 28, 8:57 pm, "M van Eijk" wrote:
I've got a VCR from a friend. He asked me if I can look at it.
When I play a tape, the screen is flickering, there is some picture but
some rows of white things on the screen.

I do some tests with it, looking around on repairfaq.org but no result.
I put the same tape in my own tv/vcr-set. And now this it damaged too ;-(
Only sound, but no picture. How can a tape damage my vcr which was working
perfectly? I really did nothing wrong. I put the tape in the set, press play
and hear some
noise (tape too heavy maybe??) and voila, damaged.

your friends vcr has probably a bad pinch roller - this crinkles up
the tape and causes the oxide to flake off, clogging the heads on
whatever it is then played on.

I would get a new-ish 3 or 4 hour tape and leave it playing to the end
in your tv-vcr. that will remove mild clogs due to the natural
abrasive action of the tape. If not, you'll need to clean the heads
manually with chamois and alcohol as per the FAQ.

As th the vcr of your friend,it uses the turbo deck. Those pinch
rollers failed very quickly and will all need replacing by now. last
one I ordered was Molgar PR062
quite easy to fit.
-B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi

Thanks for the answer.
The pinch roller is already ordered ;-)

Have a nice day!

"b" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Jan 30, 11:54 am, "M van Eijk" wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the answer.
The pinch roller is already ordered ;-)

lets hope that solves it, if not post back and we'll take it from
there!
B.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hmmm the roller was delivered absolutely fast.
I replace it.

There were no wrinkles after the roller, so that part is solved by now.
But the rows in my screen still have lots of fun there ;-(

I play around in my vcr for a while. I discovered that if I give the Takeup
Side roller guide
a little push when a tape is in, the picture becomes perfect!

When the tape is loaded, I can hear a little knack from the gears which
are driving the slide rollers.

So: can it be that the roller guide is not exactly in its position? Caused
by a fault in the gear-things?

Think I'm close to the solution now, but a little help will be appreciated
;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

M van Eijk ha escrito:
Hmmm the roller was delivered absolutely fast.
I replace it.

There were no wrinkles after the roller, so that part is solved by now.
But the rows in my screen still have lots of fun there ;-(

I play around in my vcr for a while. I discovered that if I give the Takeup
Side roller guide
a little push when a tape is in, the picture becomes perfect!

When the tape is loaded, I can hear a little knack from the gears which
are driving the slide rollers.

So: can it be that the roller guide is not exactly in its position? Caused
by a fault in the gear-things?

Think I'm close to the solution now, but a little help will be appreciated
;-)

you are almost certainly correct - you will need to check the mech
driving the roller guides, look for cracked gears, teeth missing etc.
download the manual from eserviceinfo. unfortunately tyhr turbo deck
used a lot of plastic, theyre not the most robust things ever made :-(

i had one turbo deck where the toothed gear driving one of the roller
guide arms had broken off its spindle. in fact the whole spindle had
snapped off the deck! I ended up using a thin screw to remount it.
deck still works today, 3 years on...!

-b

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hmm I've got now another - real - challange.

I was looking at the gears, put in a tape in which I has made a window so I
can look through it.
The vcr doesn't like that I think. It began a little dance, forward,
backward, forward, backward.
I hear a lot of cracks hehehe, and now I can re-initialise the mechanics :-(

Glad I order a service-manual ;-)

"b" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

M van Eijk ha escrito: