DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/188554-repairing-switched-mode-power-supply-type-welder.html)

[email protected] January 9th 07 02:08 AM

Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder

Hello,

I am attempting to repair a Cebora Power Rod 1565 welder. This is a
switched mode type device.

One of the power MOSFETS is visabely blown. Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Thanks for any help.

The company Cebors has a site at WWW.CEBORA.IT

They supply a service manual to Authorized dealers only :-(

Andy

Eeyore January 9th 07 03:04 AM

wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to repair a Cebora Power Rod 1565 welder. This is a
switched mode type device.

One of the power MOSFETS is visabely blown. Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

It's a common enough type with suitable substitutes also made by most major
power semi vendors.

Maybe if you said which country you live in I could help advise a source.

Graham

Jim Land January 9th 07 03:05 AM

Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder

wrote in news:1168308527.848268.122730
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Digi-Key says:
MOSFET N-CH 500V 20A TO-247 made by STMicroelectronics

but they don't stock it.

The NTE cross-reference at
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

says you can replace it with an NTE2970, but that doesn't seem to be
stocked either.

Anyone?

James Sweet January 9th 07 03:30 AM

wrote:
Hello,

I am attempting to repair a Cebora Power Rod 1565 welder. This is a
switched mode type device.

One of the power MOSFETS is visabely blown. Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Thanks for any help.

The company Cebors has a site at
WWW.CEBORA.IT

They supply a service manual to Authorized dealers only :-(

Andy

Make sure you check the rest of them as well, if one is blown, chances
are more are bad.

Eeyore January 9th 07 04:29 AM

Jim Land wrote:

wrote in news:1168308527.848268.122730
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Digi-Key says:
MOSFET N-CH 500V 20A TO-247 made by STMicroelectronics

but they don't stock it.

The NTE cross-reference at
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

says you can replace it with an NTE2970, but that doesn't seem to be
stocked either.

These are pretty much generic parts. Not sure what the B means but most 20N50s
should do the job I'd reckon.

Graham

Eeyore January 9th 07 04:33 AM

Jim Land wrote:

wrote in news:1168308527.848268.122730
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Digi-Key says:
MOSFET N-CH 500V 20A TO-247 made by STMicroelectronics

but they don't stock it.

The NTE cross-reference at
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

says you can replace it with an NTE2970, but that doesn't seem to be
stocked either.

Anyone?

Farnell don't have 20n50s but do have 20n60s.

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search2/br...questid=739140

Don't mix up the IGBTs and mosfets. Also check what IR and STM have.

Graham

Franc Zabkar January 11th 07 05:55 AM

Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder

On 8 Jan 2007 18:08:47 -0800, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Hello,

I am attempting to repair a Cebora Power Rod 1565 welder. This is a
switched mode type device.

One of the power MOSFETS is visabely blown. Where could
I start looking for a supplier of this device. I only
want a one off.

Type W20NB50 made by ST.

Thanks for any help.

The company Cebors has a site at
WWW.CEBORA.IT

They supply a service manual to Authorized dealers only :-(

Andy

Try RS Components, part number 248-4242, ST part number STW20NB50.
http://www.rs-export.com

Datasheet:
http://docs-europe.electrocomponents...6b8002f66d.pdf

Otherwise Farnell appear to have the STW20NK50Z.

- Franc Zabkar

[email protected] January 21st 07 01:13 AM

Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder

Hello,

Thanks very much for all the replys. I will order some FETS and see
how I get on.

There is a service manual for the welder available at WWW.CEBORA.IT
but you need a password to access it.
Have tried asking for a password to no avail:-(.

Cheers,
Andy

Homer J Simpson January 21st 07 03:03 AM

Repairing Switched mode power supply type welder

oups.com...

Try www.cebora.it or variations like cebora.it