Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Noise on Channel 3 of TV

In the last week, we've noticed that channel 3 has a very apparent noise on
it when it is on. If DirecTV is turned on, then the noise goes away. We have
two TVs on DirecTV and a third downstairs, which we can switch over to DirecTV.
#1: Living room -- DirecTV
#2: Bedroom -- DirecTV
#3: Downstairs -- switchable to DirecTV

I've turned off my PC eqpt near #1, but no change. We've turned off a few
more household gadgets with no change.

This morning the noise is no longer on #2. No noise on #3. I don't believe
we examined #3 prior to a few minutes ago when I did check it. We took #1
completely off--no antenna connection or power, and will leave it that way
for the rest of the day. It's the newest TV we have. A Sharp 19" LCD.

I suspect the culprit will be the Sharp. Comments? The loss and gain of the
simultaneity of the noise on #1 and #2 to just #1 seems very odd.

""I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions
and billions of years before I was born, and had
not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
-- Mark Twain (a nod to evolution)
--
Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

#1: Living room -- DirecTV
#2: Bedroom -- DirecTV
#3: Downstairs -- switchable to DirecTV

I've turned off my PC eqpt near #1, but no change. We've turned off a
few more household gadgets with no change.

This morning the noise is no longer on #2. No noise on #3. I don't
believe we examined #3 prior to a few minutes ago when I did check it.
We took #1 completely off--no antenna connection or power, and will
leave it that way for the rest of the day. It's the newest TV we have. A
Sharp 19" LCD.

I suspect the culprit will be the Sharp. Comments? The loss and gain of
the simultaneity of the noise on #1 and #2 to just #1 seems very odd.

Solved. When we were playing a DVD on the TV, I asked my wife to put the
subtitles on. She went to the TV menu, and somehow accidentally hit SAP.
That's what caused the noise. BTW, what's SAP?

#1: Living room -- DirecTV
#2: Bedroom -- DirecTV
#3: Downstairs -- switchable to DirecTV

I've turned off my PC eqpt near #1, but no change. We've turned off a
few more household gadgets with no change.

This morning the noise is no longer on #2. No noise on #3. I don't
believe we examined #3 prior to a few minutes ago when I did check it.
We took #1 completely off--no antenna connection or power, and will
leave it that way for the rest of the day. It's the newest TV we have.
A Sharp 19" LCD.

I suspect the culprit will be the Sharp. Comments? The loss and gain
of the simultaneity of the noise on #1 and #2 to just #1 seems very odd.

Solved. When we were playing a DVD on the TV, I asked my wife to put the
subtitles on. She went to the TV menu, and somehow accidentally hit SAP.
That's what caused the noise. BTW, what's SAP?

Hi...

Second Audio Program? (another language)

Take care.

Ken