DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LG Microwave Oven (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/187537-lg-microwave-oven.html)

Jerry Fixall December 30th 06 03:38 PM

LG Microwave Oven

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

--
Jerry Fixall

Homer J Simpson December 30th 06 09:19 PM

LG Microwave Oven

"Jerry Fixall" m wrote in
message r.com...

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

What is the voltage rating of the main capacitor (the one which will kill
you)?

Jim Land December 31st 06 01:26 AM

LG Microwave Oven

Jerry Fixall m wrote in
r.com:

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. ...The diode

has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK 3018. Does anyone know where I
might be able to purchase this diode ?

The HVR-1X is a common diode for microwave ovens. It can be replace with
an NTE517:

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefS...5ce85256e78005
6e56f?CreateDocument

jomiservice December 31st 06 03:08 AM

Be carefull in testing the diode with a normal ohmeter. It seems to be open in both directions.
because of the high impedance.
Perhaps your problem is the magnetron

Jomi

Franc Zabkar January 1st 07 01:01 AM

LG Microwave Oven

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:38:51 +0000, Jerry Fixall
m put finger to
keyboard and composed:

This microwave stopped heating. I tested the elctrical circuits and
discovered a bad diode that was connected to the capacitor. I called LG
due to no part#'s. in the manuals. I called and spoke to the parts dept.
, they told me that they can not identify the part due to too many
diodes in the system.The diode has the following info on it HVR-1X , SK
3018. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this diode ?

Mouser has an equivalent:
http://www.mouser.com/search/Product...lkey526-NTE517
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/500to599/pdf/nte517.pdf (datasheet)

- Franc Zabkar