Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP Business Inkjet 2250 black ink empty

At least that is what the printer is telling me...
After 3 months of absence I powered up the printer, and read that the black
ink was empty - okay, I should have gotten curious already by then because
the ink-counter-IC can't measure the state of the inktan, and it had been
pretty full when I left. Stupid me thought the ink dried out ( obviously it
wasn't ) and put in a new cartridge.

Again, it showed "Black ink empty".
With no cartridge in it recognizes that aswell, saying that no cartridge is
inserted.

So the basic sensing of the cartridge works well.

However, I found that the red cartridge had leaked, probably because it had
dropped hard on concrete over 4 meters when I unpacked it, but I did
install it anyway for I didn't saw any damage on it.

Can leaked ink mess up the sensing / communication of the printer with the
cartridges and if so, where do I get info's on how to disassemble the
printer's case to access the affected area? Communication of the printer
with the color-cartridges is flawless.

I'd really ate to ditch my humble 2250, for it's the most relable printer I
ever had, having survived since almost 3 years whilst all my other printers
died of printhead or -driver-exhaustion after a year on average.
Typically a week after the guarantee finished

Without a working cartridge I cannot access the menu's of the printer to
printout the status-sheets.
--
Sincerely

Ruediger

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rüdiger wrote:
[...]

go take your spam somewhere else jerk.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Malissa Baldwin wrote:

go take your spam somewhere else jerk.

Oh. Didn't realized this is the cooking-newsgroup.
I have a nice receipe for Spam:
Mince it, take a spoon of sesame oil and two spoons of sunflower oil and put
both in a teflon coated frying pan. Whilst the spam slowly sizzles to gain
a nice dark crisp structure, take a pot, fill with 1l water, add 1 spoon of
salt and approximately a handfull of noodles ( one portion - after personal
preference ). Boil 'em.
Take chinese cabbage, take the 5 largest leafes of it and cut them to thin
stripes. make a sauce out of a spoon of sunflower oil, a bit salt, a shot
citrus, a bit minced parsely, a knifetip mustard and some minced chives.
put the sauce and the chinese cabbage into a bowl and mix well until the
cabbage is well coated.
When the noodles are fine, get rid of the water and pour a spoon of
sunflower oil and one of sesame oil over the noodles plus a prise of dusted
salt. Add the fried spam and the chinese cabbage and the noodles al
together into a big bowl, mix it well and you have a nice, delicious and
healthy meal.

Politeness is best served warm, impoliteness with vinegar.
Enjoy.

For all others:
Anyone a clue where I can get the service manual for the HP Business Inkjet
2250 ? Or any suggestions on how to get the system accept the new
cartridge?
--
Sincerely

Ruediger

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=FCdiger?= wrote in
:

and put both in a teflon coated frying pan.

Didn't I read somewhere that teflon coated pans are bad for you?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mal-issa...
JR

Malissa Baldwin wrote:

go take your spam somewhere else jerk.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

Oh. Didn't realized this is the cooking-newsgroup.
I have a nice receipe for Spam:

Funny. I liked it. :-)

If the ink spilled out of the cartridge, it could be shorting out some of
the sensing electronics. I don't know how to disassemble that part of the
printer. I did have a 2230, which is probably similar to your 2250, and it
always wanted to ruin the yellow print head, or at least report that it was
bad. Much of the plastic casing pops right off with care. Be careful with
the top lid(s) if take those off.

I tried a lot of things to figure out what the problem was. No ink had
spilled in my printer. I finally gave up, sent it off for recycling and
moved to an HP LaserJet 4050n.

William

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

George Jetson wrote:

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?R=FCdiger?= wrote in
:

and put both in a teflon coated frying pan.

Didn't I read somewhere that teflon coated pans are bad for you?

Teflon is bad, if:
a) the integrity of the teflon-coating is damaged - that's why you shouldn't
use steel cooking-tools, but only wood or plastic ones with teflon'ized
stuff.
b) Overheating over 400° Celcius makes the teflon burn and emit mildly
toxical substances into the cooking-goods - which themselves, at that
temperature, are merrily producing acrylnitrite from carbohydrates - and
that stuff isn't healthy either
c) Wash your teflon pan by hand with soap or liquid washing gel and hot
water - washing-machines are due to their mechanical parts always a bit
dubious and questionable - they might scratch the teflon.

All in all: The fat you save and the lower temperature you can use in a
teflon pan are balancing well with the risks that are there.
Best for your health would be not frying anything at all

sorry for straying so far OT - but : it must be the season...

Oh, and Teflon-coated pans ARE dangerous when they hit you with high
velocity, e.g. in case of an angry wife using it on ones head - But as a
matter of fact it was prooven that, although the majority of injuries are
done by teflon-pans, the "threat-level" would equal that of non-teflon
coated pans when both would sell equally often.

--
Sincerely

Ruediger