Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UPDATE: Deactivate "Guide +" on RCA TV F27628, ch CTC203AA5

Hi "Meat Plow",

That procedure worked.

Thanks again, Brad

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:10:14 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:38:17 +0000, Brad Has Frothed:

Hi,

I was given an RCA TV model F27628, chassis CTC203AA5 (mfg 2001) with the
remote, but no owner's manual.

I have Comcast analog cable service without support for "Guide +"
(digital cable service provides support). Every time I turn on the TV, the
Guide + screen comes on and I can't clear it using my universal remote
(I have to use the original remote).

How can I deactivate "Guide +" so it doesn't come on when I turn
the TV on?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Turn on the TV

using original remote:

Bring up TV Main Menu and select option 7 (TV Guide Plus Menu)
Select option 1 (TV Guide Plus Setup)
Find the MENU, GO BACK and Input button on your remote
Press the MENU Button then immediately:
Press the GO BACK button then immediately:
Press the INPUT button.

Note: It is important to press the Menu, Go Back and Input buttons quickly (within a second of each other)