Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Sony TV gurus out there?

I hope someone has seen this befo
I've got a two year old Sony that doesn't get much use but recently died.
Model KV36FS320 Chassis SCC-S61R-A fails to come on when the power button
is pressed, no relay click, just nine flashes of the Timer/Standby LED. I
checked the obvious: HOT and switcher transistors, and the standby +7.5V...
all OK. I jumpered the power relay, then when the power button is pressed,
the HV comes up (30KV) but drops out after about 2 seconds. Nothing is
getting hot and there is no evidence of anything overheated. All supplies
check OK when the set does come on for that short time. There is a V sweep
signal on the yoke and the flyback secondary supplies appear OK. The set
doesn't stay on long enough for the CRT filaments to light up. Apparently
something is preventing the set from even trying to start up, but what.?
I've run out of things to check. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Ray Carlsen CET
University of Washington, Seattle

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the two zeroes.