Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for IC Rohm BA5954FM

I only need one. Ribbon cable crossed pins and let the smoke out. I
think this one was on a lot of Xbox boards too. If you know of a
likely supplier let me know, none of the big 5 have it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:26:09 -0800, Has Frothed:

I only need one. Ribbon cable crossed pins and let the smoke out. I
think this one was on a lot of Xbox boards too. If you know of a
likely supplier let me know, none of the big 5 have it.

http://www.sierraic.com/pnresults.asp?navpart=BA5954FM
http://www.4starelectronics.com/part...raightRFQ.aspx

That's great, except all those "hard to find IC" places have a $100-300
minimum order.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

Buy enough for an order and sell the rest?

Seemed more economical to attempt to find someone around here that has
a dead board featuring one. Since it's on a $50 burner minimal effort
is the key phrase.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6 Dec 2006 20:26:09 -0800, "
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I only need one. Ribbon cable crossed pins and let the smoke out. I
think this one was on a lot of Xbox boards too. If you know of a
likely supplier let me know, none of the big 5 have it.

I wonder if the Rohm part is equivalent to the CMD5954 (4-Channel BTL
Motor Driver for CD-ROM)?

See http://www.datasheetarchive.com/data...rticle=1169645 for
a datasheet.

I have an old DVD player with the CMD part. If it is of any use to
you, you can have the whole PCB for the cost of postage from
Australia.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

Seemed more economical to attempt to find someone around here that has
a dead board featuring one. Since it's on a $50 burner minimal effort
is the key phrase.

What kind of "burner" ?

Friend's old Panasonic CW-8571, combo DVD reader/CD burner.