Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bd bd is offline

Default mitsubishi ws-55411

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a mitsubishi
ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still looks ok, but the
colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4 years old. any ideas
what to do? thanks.

brad

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bd" wrote in :

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a
mitsubishi ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still
looks ok, but the colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4
years old. any ideas what to do? thanks.

Adjust color, hue, brightness, contrast?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bd bd is offline

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"bd" wrote in message

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a
mitsubishi ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still looks
ok, but the colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4 years old.
any ideas what to do? thanks.

No warranty?

that's what i said. unfortunately, he did not buy the extended warranty.

bd

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bd bd is offline

"Jim Land" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"bd" wrote in :

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a
mitsubishi ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still
looks ok, but the colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4
years old. any ideas what to do? thanks.

Adjust color, hue, brightness, contrast?

he say's he has tried to adjust the color with no luck.

bd

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

bd wrote:
"Jim Land" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"bd" wrote in :

hi all. i hope this is the correct group to ask. my dad has a
mitsubishi ws-55411 tv that has developed a color fade. it still
looks ok, but the colors don't look right. he thinks it's about 3-4
years old. any ideas what to do? thanks.

Adjust color, hue, brightness, contrast?

he say's he has tried to adjust the color with no luck.

bd

might be a bad video drive adjust pot, or might be failing crt
emission. Contrary to popular belief the latter is easy to fix. But if
you dont know what colour problems mean then I dont suppose youre in
any position to fix them. If you take it to a shop theyll rejuve it,
it'll look good for a bit but then it'll be stuffed & unrepairable.

NT