Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA TV F25216BC, ch CTC185AB3, Won't Turn On

Hi,

I have in my service shop an RCA TV model F25216BC chassis CTC185AB3
(mfg. 03/99) that won't turn on. I have a partial schematic from a service
magazine.

I checked many parts and found +7.6V "standby" missing (0V) at pin 20 of
U1001. However there is +12V present at emitter of Q4115 and it's base, but
0V at the collector. This transistor seems to be the source for the 7.6V but
it isn't forward biased (turned on). I tested Q4115 in circuit and it tested
good. Q4115 base (+12V) is connected to U3101 (pin?) "standby switch".
I do not have a schematic of that part of the circuit.

Did you have a similar case and what was the cause?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.