DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA 27" T.V. stby ok...but won't start. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/184406-rca-27-t-v-stby-ok-but-wont-start.html)

Dani December 1st 06 01:04 AM

RCA 27" T.V. stby ok...but won't start.

RCA Model # F27665YX1 Chassis # CTC203AX, with onboard tuner, & one
ribbon Gemstar module,
dead, nothing blown, standby voltages ok. + 139 volt,+ 33 volt, - 11.9
volt, + 2.4 volt, & + 5 volt are all ok, but no + 12 volt input to
U14104. At startup, as the unit tries three times to come on, I get
about + 7 volts that momentarily comes up, & drops right away. Even
with a low current source
applied to U14104, the unit won't start. I replaced the flyback with a
"known good one". I don't have a "known good" Gemstar module, but I
took it out, & tried another one, still no go. Cr 14701 flyback
secondary was the cause of a set with a similar problem, but this one
got me stumped. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Dani.