Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A reminder: using functional but not matching part replacements

Peavey TKO 115 Amp from 1992, 30Kg weight
Could I remind anyone replacing parts with non-identical but functional
equivalents, write inside what the original was.
Minor problems causing nasty noises but someone has been in there before ,
not the cause of recent problems.
Despite a Motorola 70483100 being held down to the heatsink by 2 large
self-tap screws I think that was the original and its compliment has been
replaced with 200V, 15A 2SA909 held down by nuts and bolts (clue- no spring
washers). Looks as though it was originally a 70473100 from Peavey site

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England