Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default unknown chip type

I found this 6 pin surface mount chip and would like to know what it is
on the chip there are the following inscriptions:
0B
1800
524C1

from the 6 pins , only 2 are connected to an outside computer circuit.
Would it be possible that this chip is somekind of programable one ?
with only 2 pins ? where it can be written to and read it from ?

thanks for any help

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In message om, eleboy
writes
from the 6 pins , only 2 are connected to an outside computer circuit.
Would it be possible that this chip is somekind of programable one ?
with only 2 pins ? where it can be written to and read it from ?

Could be Serial EEPROM, look up I2C on Google, you'll find thousands of
pages describing it and its applications. Might help if you let us know
what it's in.
thanks for any help

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If its an I2C serial EEPROM , then I need it to read from it.
How can this be done ?
On the other hand , is it possible that one chip of that type can work
without the usual power supply pins ? because of the 6 pins that the
chip has , only two are connected to the circuit.

thanks

Clint Sharp ha escrito:

In message om, eleboy
writes
from the 6 pins , only 2 are connected to an outside computer circuit.
Would it be possible that this chip is somekind of programable one ?
with only 2 pins ? where it can be written to and read it from ?

Could be Serial EEPROM, look up I2C on Google, you'll find thousands of
pages describing it and its applications. Might help if you let us know
what it's in.
thanks for any help

--
Clint Sharp

Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP Green Giant Home Repair 2 June 5th 21 07:15 PM
Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type) eyeclinic Metalworking 17 December 11th 05 02:53 PM
Tub drain: Standard lever type vs pop up type [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 30th 05 09:17 PM
Unknown IC Kgf Electronics 0 June 14th 04 11:54 PM
Advice on how locating ( Chip FA4111 & chip M52722P) in the UK ? (for a vgood 21" monitor) Chris Electronics 1 January 29th 04 03:46 AM