Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replacing a power source on a Gateway computer

Hi, I am attempting to replace the power source on my Gateway computer.
The computer is a desktop and is about 4 years old. I had help
finding the correct part to order but am trying to replace it myself
but don't know much about computers. I got the new power source into my
computer but I'm having trouble getting all the cables reconnected
correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I am attempting to replace the power source on my Gateway computer.
The computer is a desktop and is about 4 years old. I had help
finding the correct part to order but am trying to replace it myself
but don't know much about computers.

Then get help replacing it

I got the new power source into my
computer but I'm having trouble getting all the cables reconnected
correctly.

You should have asked before you removed the old one, someone for sure would
have told you to write down or better still; take a pic of the old one's
connections.

Can anyone help me with this? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

As I said before get someone to come and help you put it back. Or call
gateway, or google your butt off and hope
req

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I am attempting to replace the power source on my Gateway computer.
The computer is a desktop and is about 4 years old. I had help
finding the correct part to order but am trying to replace it myself
but don't know much about computers. I got the new power source into my
computer but I'm having trouble getting all the cables reconnected
correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.fonerbooks.com/r_power.htm

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/courses/p...nc-pinouts.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Honestly replacing a power supply in a computer is not a difficult
procedure. The only connector you have to worry about plugging in the wrong
way is the one for the floppy drive, but it is simple enough to see if it is
correct if you plug it in outside the case.

Just remember that every drive in your computer requires a power wire and
the motherboard either needs 1 or 2 connectores which are difficult to plug
in the wrong way.

- Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you! I think this will help a lot.

Charles Schuler wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I am attempting to replace the power source on my Gateway computer.
The computer is a desktop and is about 4 years old. I had help
finding the correct part to order but am trying to replace it myself
but don't know much about computers. I got the new power source into my
computer but I'm having trouble getting all the cables reconnected
correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.fonerbooks.com/r_power.htm

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/courses/p...nc-pinouts.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi, I am attempting to replace the power source on my Gateway computer.
The computer is a desktop and is about 4 years old. I had help
finding the correct part to order but am trying to replace it myself
but don't know much about computers. I got the new power source into my
computer but I'm having trouble getting all the cables reconnected
correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

BE CAREFUL! Some of the power supplies are all too easy to connect
incorrectly. If you don't know, look up the motherboard online, and cross
check it with the power supply.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

BE CAREFUL! Some of the power supplies are all too easy to connect
incorrectly. If you don't know, look up the motherboard online, and cross
check it with the power supply.

Well I guess thats definately true when it comes to the old AT power
supplies. Even though it was easy to connect them backwards they were also
really easy to remember which wire went where though. All you had to do was
put the grounds in the middle.