Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unblock DVD door.

RCA Model # DRC 500 DVD changer. Works fine, but when you press the
eject
button, a red "lock" appears in the display. Nothing on the RCA
warranty site.
What's the trick to resetting this problem? I have tried holding down
the eject
(either on the remote or the player) for several seconds? Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 20, 1:51 pm, "Dani" wrote:
RCA Model # DRC 500 DVD changer. Works fine, but when you press the
eject
button, a red "lock" appears in the display.

The "eject" is driven by a motor connected via a rubber band to the
tray mechanism. I have seen a couple of cases where the rubber band
became old, slack, or broken. Replacing the rubber band solved these
cases.

Could you diagnose your case some more?
- Do you get the "lock" icon immediately, or can you hear the eject
motor whirring unsuccessfully for a moment first?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unlock DVD door.

Thanks, Torben. The icon comes on right away...the mechanism doesn't
even try. It IS a lock problem for sure. Dani. Someone must know how
to unlock these!

Dani wrote:
RCA Model # DRC 500 DVD changer. Works fine, but when you press the
eject
button, a red "lock" appears in the display. Nothing on the RCA
warranty site.
What's the trick to resetting this problem? I have tried holding down
the eject
(either on the remote or the player) for several seconds? Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in message
ups.com...
RCA Model # DRC 500 DVD changer. Works fine, but when you press the
eject
button, a red "lock" appears in the display. Nothing on the RCA
warranty site.

I assume this model doesn't have a manual eject hidden underneath?

BTW, I bought an RCA DVD changer NIB - was jammed up internally. It really
is a crap brand. Refunded it.