Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 475 Scope 'tune up' suggestions wanted

Hi:
I recently acquired a Tek 475 in what seems to be fairly good shape for
its age. It does have some minor problems that I'd like to take care of
and I am wondering if there is a website/discussion forum that could
address some of the following (or if somebody would want to respond
here, that would be great too!):

1. Noisey controls and switches - I plan on carefully cleaning with
contact cleaner (isopropel-based, no lubricant), lube shafts where
necessary.

2. 2 MHZ wave forms are out of focus when the 100 MHZ and 200 MHZ bands
are selected, it is sharp in the 20 MHZ BW. - Suggestions?

3. Some floating of waveform when observing a trace for a period of time
- e.g. 2-3 mins.

4. Significant wave form bounce when switching from DC - gnd- back to
DC....the waveform reappears above or below the DC baseline with a bias
of approximately 10-20% of the voltage scale - but not on all scales.

5. Recal the scope.

I have a service manual. Any tips/pointers/suggestions as well as known
'weak' spots that I should investigate are welcome.
Thanks
John