DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Creative Audigy Platinum Ex problem with extension box. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/182025-creative-audigy-platinum-ex-problem-extension-box.html)

Jack November 9th 06 06:24 PM

Creative Audigy Platinum Ex problem with extension box.

I have this setup which came to me second hand and it works otherwise, but
the extension box is dead.
It has a 78M05 regulator inside the extension box with no voltage going into
it. The fuse is ok.

The box is connected to the sound card inside the PC with a 44 pin special
D-connector.
According to the box backplate, this is a "Audigy Extension AUD_EXT)

There are some hefty fuses on the sound card itself too, but they also
tested OK.

Anyone have any info or ideas?

Thanks.

Jan
Finland

Jack November 10th 06 05:30 AM

"Jack" wrote in message
I have this setup which came to me second hand and it works otherwise, but
the extension box is dead.
It has a 78M05 regulator inside the extension box with no voltage going
into it. The fuse is ok.

The box is connected to the sound card inside the PC with a 44 pin special
D-connector.
According to the box backplate, this is a "Audigy Extension AUD_EXT)

There are some hefty fuses on the sound card itself too, but they also
tested OK.

Anyone have any info or ideas?

Thanks.

Jan
Finland

Problem spotted; missing external power cable ;-)

Jan