Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I've just broken my CRT monitor, now I'm worried...

Hi,

I've just dropped my CRT monitor while moving house. I powered it up to
see if it still worked. It made a loud electrical buzzing sound and
sparked inside at the back.

Before I dumped it in the bin I thought I'd have a peek inside to see
if I thought it was repairable. The clear glass at the very back of the
CRT had shattered, I think around the electron gun/heater - so I guess
it ain't repairable!

Since then I've read bits about lead-lined glass and x-rays, so I'm
worried.....

Could I have been exposed to anything when the glass shattered inside
the set or when I powered the thing on with the glass shattered?

Thanks.

How to clean up broken glass in a dish-washer [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 8th 19 01:49 AM
How to clean up broken glass in a dish-washer [email protected] Home Ownership 9 August 7th 19 07:14 PM
broken sprinkler head geysers [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 25th 05 08:31 PM
Broken Window Syndrome RedOnRed UK diy 1 July 12th 05 07:48 PM
Etching out broken taps & drills. John Metalworking 15 June 29th 05 12:02 AM