Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IBM P260 type 6553-23N repair

Just picked this unit up for price of a cup of coffee. Previous user
said sometimes it didn't start up. Sure sure I can't seem to get it to
start at all via the VGA 15 pin conector when I move the cable from a
working monitor to the P260. Don't have a DVI cable nor card to drive it
so can't test that. The power indicator bulb by the power switch flashes
on/off green at about 1 flash per second so I assume the low voltage
section is working at least partially. No clicking noises to indicate
power supply turn on attempts, no H.V. power supply whine or static on
front screen to indicate H.V. presence

Ok, laugh away, but I have to ask. Any chance on a service manual about?

Any hints or tips before I crack the case (or my back trying to lift
this pig!)?

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Stephen Tomchuk wrote:
Just picked this unit up for price of a cup of coffee. Previous user
said sometimes it didn't start up. Sure sure I can't seem to get it to
start at all via the VGA 15 pin conector when I move the cable from a
working monitor to the P260. Don't have a DVI cable nor card to drive it
so can't test that. The power indicator bulb by the power switch flashes
on/off green at about 1 flash per second so I assume the low voltage
section is working at least partially. No clicking noises to indicate
power supply turn on attempts, no H.V. power supply whine or static on
front screen to indicate H.V. presence

Ok, laugh away, but I have to ask. Any chance on a service manual about?

Any hints or tips before I crack the case (or my back trying to lift
this pig!)?

Thanks,

Steve

I've just picked up a pair of these myself the other day for a nice
price, stumbled across this while looking for a service manual. It's
probably a long shot but any chance you missed the small black switch
on the front panel that switches between the DVI and VGA connector?