Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PVR4663RK extremely orange picture

This TV had a fade to black syndrom, I resoldered practically the entire
deflection board.

That same day, the TV was playing alright, and then all of a sudden the
picture turned a scratchy dark orange color. Green and Blue is still there,
but the red became stronger and really scratchy looking.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

nevermind. I pretty much figured out the pictuer tubes are wasted.

you try to turn the screen up, on lets say, red, the red will just fade out.

you turn it down, the red will just wash back in. it bleeds really badly.
its ****ed. :-)

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..
This TV had a fade to black syndrom, I resoldered practically the entire
deflection board.

That same day, the TV was playing alright, and then all of a sudden the
picture turned a scratchy dark orange color. Green and Blue is still
there, but the red became stronger and really scratchy looking.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
I would agree with this poast.

The 'poast' is toast!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hello. You will find near to the output x-strs a 120K 1/2 watt
resistor. This resister opens or changes value giving the appearance
of bad CRT's.

Have fun .

Lloyd

Mike wrote:
This TV had a fade to black syndrom, I resoldered practically the entire
deflection board.

That same day, the TV was playing alright, and then all of a sudden the
picture turned a scratchy dark orange color. Green and Blue is still there,
but the red became stronger and really scratchy looking.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike wrote:

nevermind. I pretty much figured out the pictuer tubes are wasted.

you try to turn the screen up, on lets say, red, the red will just fade out.

you turn it down, the red will just wash back in. it bleeds really badly.
its ****ed. :-)

Not at all. Just up the crt heater voltage, and all will be well for
years ahead. On sets that use 3 turns round the loptf core this is
especially easy, all you need is another 1 (or occasionally 2) turns
round the core. As an experiemnt I had an ok picture off an old sony
tube so bad nothing could be seen onscreen at all in its unboosted
state. Stayed good for years

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

it read about 90K when I tested it on the red tube. didnt test green and
blue.

the red looks "smeared and washed" like. almost exactly what those
directview sets looked like back in the mid 90s for zenith. looks just like
that.

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
i tested that resistor actually.

oups.com...

Mike wrote:
This TV had a fade to black syndrom, I resoldered practically the entire
deflection board.

That same day, the TV was playing alright, and then all of a sudden the
picture turned a scratchy dark orange color. Green and Blue is still
there,
but the red became stronger and really scratchy looking.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

the picture was fine until I resoldered the board. after I resoldered the
board, the picture was still fine. I let it play for a couple of hours, in
the matter of about 10 minutes, the picture just went through the floor in
quality. now it looks like a classic 27" set from the mid 90s. hmmm

"Mike" wrote in message
it read about 90K when I tested it on the red tube. didnt test green and
blue.

the red looks "smeared and washed" like. almost exactly what those
directview sets looked like back in the mid 90s for zenith. looks just
like that.

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
i tested that resistor actually.