Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Default ES1488 ("AudioDrive") soundcard IC - INFO WANTED [QFP52 package, ISA-bus signals!]

Hi.
Excuse me if this is the wrong newsgroup to ask, but I'm looking for a
datasheet on the ES1488 (or even ES488), a SoundBlaster (tm) compatible
chip, used in early laptops....
Made by ESS, it was one of the first in their "AudioDrive" (tm) series.
Just the pinout will do to get me started!

Have asked ESS directly, but no joy - surprise, surprise... :-(
And have tried "Wayback Archive", but found only ES688, ES18xx - no
good: bigger packages.

Any help much appreciated.
- Mark Crumpton

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

As stated, I've already tried ESS, but no response :-(
Have you ever tried getting info on a 10-year old product from a
semiconductor manufacturer? - they regard 2-3 year-old stuff as
obsolete... and often disavow having ever made the really old stuff!

- Mark.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
wrote:

Still looking for the ES1488/ES488 pinout... surely someone has an old
databook, or schematic of laptop which used it?

wrote:

Hi.
Excuse me if this is the wrong newsgroup to ask, but I'm looking for a
datasheet on the ES1488 (or even ES488), a SoundBlaster (tm) compatible
chip, used in early laptops....
Made by ESS, it was one of the first in their "AudioDrive" (tm) series.
Just the pinout will do to get me started!

Have asked ESS directly, but no joy - surprise, surprise... :-(
And have tried "Wayback Archive", but found only ES688, ES18xx - no
good: bigger packages.

Any help much appreciated.
- Mark Crumpton

http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/tech_support.shtm

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Dear Mark,

We may able to supply the ESS ES1488 and ES488F for you.

Can you pleased tell us if you are interested ?

Waiting for your idea !

--
Patrick Cheung
townt.com