Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Protron LCD TV

Anybody know where I can find service data? No local (Atlanta, GA) shop
seems to know this brand. The unit shuts down immediately on powerup. A
call to the number in the back of the owner's manual, which promises
in-home service in warranty, elicits a denial that they do in-home
service. They also can't supply the name of an authorize repair agent
anywhere in my state, so I would have to package this 32-inch flat panel
TV for shipment and pay the freight. Exactly where I should ship it to
wasn't mentioned. My wife bought the set on impulse from Shop NBC, and it
looks like she made an expensive mistake.

I've looked around for the power supply, marked FSP232-4M01, and come up
empty. There is a site for FSP Group, Inc., which lists some units with
model numbers of the same format, but none with the specs on mine:
+24V, 5.5A
+16V, 5.5A
+24V (fan), 0.25A
+5V, 1.2A

The fan output is unused; nothing connected to that header.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Stephen Rush wrote:
[...]

You still have time to send it back to ShopNBC, not for the moneyback
guarantee, but for the one year warranty.

Gus