Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default panasonic cd laser alignment

Does anyone have any advice on a Panasonic CD player that no longer
will read a disk? It acts like it is trying to read, but won't
acknowledge even the presence of a disk. Panasonic has a limited
number of service agents, and none in the area. I hate to have it sent
off to find out it's a simple problem I could take care of on my own.
I assume it's a laser alignment problem, but the player is pushing 6
years old now.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Apart from tweaking the laser power, its doubtful there are any other
adjustments you can do to align it.
Check the obvious like making sure the connecting cable isn't
damaged....make sure the disc table hasn't slipped down too low...and the
laser is clean.
I would think you need to replace the laser really.
Cliff

oups.com...