Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 27AF43: noisy lines on top 1/5 of screen

I have a three year old 27 inch Toshiba TV. Recently a series of about
10 lines tracks across the top of the screen when a "normal" picture is
present. The only time that the lines disappear is when the broadcast
pictue is in 16:9 format.

I tried calling Toshiba and after waiting 10 minutes a recording told me
I would have to wait another 28 minutes. My questions a (1) is there
a simple remedy for this annoying problem?

Thanks

David
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"david walker" wrote in message
I have a three year old 27 inch Toshiba TV. Recently a series of about 10
lines tracks across the top of the screen when a "normal" picture is
present. The only time that the lines disappear is when the broadcast
pictue is in 16:9 format.

I tried calling Toshiba and after waiting 10 minutes a recording told me I
would have to wait another 28 minutes. My questions a (1) is there a
simple remedy for this annoying problem?

Thanks

David

There is not a "simple" remedy. For an experienced tech it's simple, but
not a novice. More than likely this set has a capacitor failure in the
vertical output section. If you are not experienced in the repair of this
type problem a call to a service company is in order.

Jammy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Many thanks to ampdoc, David and Meat Plow for your help, Before calling
in the cavalry I wanted to make sure that it was neither "simple" nor
"finger trouble".

David
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

david walker wrote:
I have a three year old 27 inch Toshiba TV. Recently a series of about
10 lines tracks across the top of the screen when a "normal" picture is
present. The only time that the lines disappear is when the broadcast
pictue is in 16:9 format.

I tried calling Toshiba and after waiting 10 minutes a recording told me
I would have to wait another 28 minutes. My questions a (1) is there
a simple remedy for this annoying problem?

Thanks

David

see page 29 of the manual i sent you change out c 407

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is usually caused by defective capacitors in the vertical deflection
circuit. Without the proper experience, training, and set up, I would
suggest you give the set out for proper service.

--

JANA
_____