Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hitachi Power Problem

I have a hitachi model 50ux19k Rear projection TV.When i push the power
botton the relay engages but the power light will not come on and the
tubes do not light.I have electronic repair experience on sound sys.Two
years ago the tubes were replaced professionally.Is there a watchdog
circuit or overcurrent protection in the PS.I have a digital meter but
do not own a Scope.Any fairly simple solutions such as B+ Adj.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Even registration problems on these sets will cause a protect shutdiwn.
Defective convergence ics, etc.
oups.com...

bobjukebox wrote:
I have a hitachi model 50ux19k Rear projection TV.When i push the power
botton the relay engages but the power light will not come on and the
tubes do not light.I have electronic repair experience on sound sys.Two
years ago the tubes were replaced professionally.Is there a watchdog
circuit or overcurrent protection in the PS.I have a digital meter but
do not own a Scope.Any fairly simple solutions such as B+ Adj.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Check the + & - supplies to the convergence circuit, even with protect
shutdown you should measure a bit of the supply to these areas.
Disconnecting the supply to the STK ICs will unload the power supply, if
that is the problem. Even though the set is going into protect you should
measure a bit of change on the + & - 25 volt supplies.
Check for any open chem fuses, they look like small grey tor tan resistors
with numbers printed on them, (5000) indicates 5 amp, etc.
Follow the google search, if totally in doubt, have the set professionally
looked at.
"bobjukebox" wrote in message
oups.com...
Art were do i start looking
Art wrote:
Even registration problems on these sets will cause a protect shutdiwn.
Defective convergence ics, etc.
oups.com...

bobjukebox wrote:
I have a hitachi model 50ux19k Rear projection TV.When i push the
power
botton the relay engages but the power light will not come on and the
tubes do not light.I have electronic repair experience on sound
sys.Two
years ago the tubes were replaced professionally.Is there a watchdog
circuit or overcurrent protection in the PS.I have a digital meter but
do not own a Scope.Any fairly simple solutions such as B+ Adj.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Art however i have been unable to find a schematic on ESI , any
other sites that you can think of.I did download a repair bullitin but
could not open it with adobe.Do you know what progam they are using.
Art wrote:
Even registration problems on these sets will cause a protect shutdiwn.
Defective convergence ics, etc.
oups.com...