DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/178362-braun-syncro-7520-charging-circuit.html)

[email protected] October 6th 06 10:31 PM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

Hi there,

Could someone please tell me the data of the electorlit capacitors on
the battery side of the charging circuit in the shaver? One in mine is
blown up, so the shaver does not charge the battery, and the IC on the
panel is getting too hot. I can't find any service manual and/or
partlist for this model:(

Thanks for the answers!

JANA October 7th 06 07:42 AM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

There is no service support to service the boards in your shaver at the
component level. The service people change the complete board as a module.
Most likely there are more damaged components than just the cap and the IC.

You can call the Braun rep in your area to see if they will sell you a board
directly. For many of their products, they usually will only supply their
authorized service centres only.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...

Homer J Simpson October 9th 06 04:38 AM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

wrote in message
ups.com...

Could someone please tell me the data of the electorlit capacitors on
the battery side of the charging circuit in the shaver? One in mine is
blown up, so the shaver does not charge the battery, and the IC on the
panel is getting too hot. I can't find any service manual and/or
partlist for this model:(

Someone in or near your town is the agent and has the new module.

[email protected] October 11th 06 06:08 PM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

Thank you for the answers,
That board would be expensive for this time, 'cause I've bougth the
razor for 5 EURs. The batteries should be replaced, and that part,
which I don't know what is. I continue searching for someone, who has
the same or a similar razor, and may can say me more about that part.

Greetingz

Homer J Simpson October 11th 06 06:42 PM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

wrote in message
ups.com...

Thank you for the answers,
That board would be expensive for this time, 'cause I've bougth the
razor for 5 EURs. The batteries should be replaced, and that part,
which I don't know what is. I continue searching for someone, who has
the same or a similar razor, and may can say me more about that part.

If I was doing this, I would try a 0,01 uF and see how much it charged. Then
I would increase the capacitance to get to a suitable level of current.

[email protected] October 11th 06 10:38 PM

Braun Syncro 7520 charging circuit

A datasheet of the charging control IC would help a lot, but there is
nowhere to be found. That is a TM34C which was made by ST electronics.
Google finds only hits is Korea and Japan :( I was wondering how
complicated can be a charging circuit... I've posted a picture of the
PCB to a german forum, you can check it.
http://forum.electronicwerkstatt.de/...=7520#id375822

[email protected] October 12th 06 12:20 AM

wrote:

Thank you for the answers,
That board would be expensive for this time, 'cause I've bougth the
razor for 5 EURs. The batteries should be replaced, and that part,
which I don't know what is. I continue searching for someone, who has
the same or a similar razor, and may can say me more about that part.

Greetingz

if you need to do it cheaply, why try to replace the parts like for
like, as that wont be cheap. NiCds and Nimh can be charged off a
suitable wallwart wit a bit of series resistance. The difference is
that with no charge controller its best to charge them a bit slower.

Also motorised shavers dont need chargers and batteries anyway, you can
run the motor straight off a wallwart.

NT