DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laptop Keyboard Dead (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/177667-laptop-keyboard-dead.html)

George S September 30th 06 07:10 AM

Laptop Keyboard Dead

I am checking out a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop for a friend. The keyboard
doesn't work, but an external keyboard works when plugged into the external
port. I also get a stuck key error from dell diagnostics. I checked the
ribbon cable and it is plugged in tight and not cut or torn. Are keyboard
failures very common?
Thanks

David Naylor October 1st 06 04:48 PM

Laptop Keyboard Dead

George S wrote:
I am checking out a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop for a friend. The keyboard
doesn't work, but an external keyboard works when plugged into the external
port. I also get a stuck key error from dell diagnostics. I checked the
ribbon cable and it is plugged in tight and not cut or torn. Are keyboard
failures very common?
Thanks

Yes they are but , this may sound crazy, i had this problem with a
csutomer dell just last week try starting the pc with a win 98 or
melenium floppy once the computer finishes booting test you keyboard.
I bet it works just fine. What has happened is a driver has gotten
corrupt. Ya it somes crazy but i bet this is your problem