Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default vcr head problem

Hello,

I have a zenith VCR and off late I see a thin band which has a
distorted image when I view any videos in the middle of the screen. The
rest of the screen looks fine. I see this happening on all the tapes. I
have changed the cables but still no effect. The audio is fine.

I think it might be a problem with the head but before going to the
service shop thought I might ask around if anyone else has seen this.

thanks
Karthik

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Karthik" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a zenith VCR and off late I see a thin band which has a
distorted image when I view any videos in the middle of the screen. The
rest of the screen looks fine. I see this happening on all the tapes. I
have changed the cables but still no effect. The audio is fine.

I think it might be a problem with the head but before going to the
service shop thought I might ask around if anyone else has seen this.

thanks
Karthik

Best check the guide roller just before and after the VCR head, if they have
gone a little stiff ( not rolling smoothly) you'll get the same effect as
you described.

Gerard