Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DN2500F

Hi folks,
Got this DN2000f dual cd player made by denon for repair. One of the
decks attempts to read a cd, spins slightly a couple of times and then
quits. I've already confirmed it's not a lense related issue. Any one
have the diagram or service manual to trade or give?
Regards,
jango

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jango2 wrote:
Hi folks,
Got this DN2000f dual cd player made by denon for repair. One of the
decks attempts to read a cd, spins slightly a couple of times and then
quits. I've already confirmed it's not a lense related issue. Any one
have the diagram or service manual to trade or give?
Regards,
jango

Still sounds like a pickup to me. If it's one of those which use the Sharp
pickup, I lean even more towards that conclusion.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have replaced the pick up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jango2 wrote:
I have replaced the pick up.

So far, it's usually the pickup. I've repaired a few, and only once it
was not the pickup: the customer tried to repair a noisy tray using lip
grease: now the tray did not close completely.

Clean the lens, check if there is dust anywhere inside the optical
parts: sometimes the mirror under the lens gets dirty. The DJ's use
these machines in very hostile environment (cigarette smoke, smoke
machine liquids, drinks... anything can get into the pickup!)

And remember to unsolder the short that protects the laser diode...

Matti
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for your responses. I have replaced both optical blocks,(dual cd
player routine annual maintenance procedure, can't have a song skipping
even once when the crowds stomping to the djs beat, very embarassing
for the dj and deterimental to the future of the techie who maintains
his gear) and have confirmed by swapping main pcbs (the ones under each
mechanism) that the fault lies in the pcb. I cant find a datasheet for
the RF amp AN8805SB IC.
Symptoms:
1) If no cd is inserted, laser comes on, (weak glow) objective lense
performs one jump and quits.....No Disc.
2) If a cd is inserted the cd spins at way lower rpm than normal ,
attempts to read 3 to 4 times over a 1 minute duration and then quits.
3 distinct supplies are available, viz +5, -5, +6.8. I guess 6.8 volts
would be motor drive supply, isn't it a bit too low?. However 6.8v also
appears on the side that functions fine.
Other ics used are m514256b, an8389s, mn414400csj, d784021gc mn19413,
mn662720rd
I can't decide if its a low power supply to servo section or aomething
more complicated. Either way a schematic would help plenty.
Jango.