Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Me Me is offline

Default Reinstalling Sony 3 cd turntable tray alignment

I have on the bench a Sony HCD-RX33 that is a 1998 production mini
bookshelf system with the 3 tray carousel at the top. After replacing
one of the clamper gears I can't seem to get it to do anything other
than spin the carousel. No matter what position I choose for the thing
it just spins round 4 or 5 times and gives up. I checked the shelves
for a manual and am in disbelief that it isn't there so I ask you for
help. I need the alignment instructions for the carousel tray. Any help
would certainly be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Me wrote:
I have on the bench a Sony HCD-RX33 that is a 1998 production mini
bookshelf system with the 3 tray carousel at the top. After replacing
one of the clamper gears I can't seem to get it to do anything other
than spin the carousel. No matter what position I choose for the thing
it just spins round 4 or 5 times and gives up. I checked the shelves
for a manual and am in disbelief that it isn't there so I ask you for
help. I need the alignment instructions for the carousel tray. Any
help would certainly be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

As best as I recall, there is a mechanism underneath which either runs the
tray in / out, or accomplishes the clamping, by means of motor reversal.
In my experience, the metal plate / gear assy can have problems swinging
back and forth. If it hangs, it might cause your problem.
The parts I speak of are on the underneath side, on the right side as viewed
when the front of the unit was towards you. (did that make sense?)

If you want to e-mail me directly:

and reverse the domain name. I might be able to lift a graphic from the PDF
for you.

Sony forbids me from distributing their manuals.

Mark Z.