Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony WEGA TV problem

I can't get rid of the on-screen AV channel indicator (top left of screen).
I've tried the button with the cross inside a square, but this only cycles
through the screen size options (widescreen, 4:3, etc). I've tried the
button with the right-pointing arrow into a square, but this cycles through
some other screen options. The set is only used on AV mode as I only have
Sky.
Anyone got ideas as to how to get rid of this indicator.
TIA
Iain

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"swarfmaker" wrote in
:

I can't get rid of the on-screen AV channel indicator (top left of
screen). I've tried the button with the cross inside a square, but
this only cycles through the screen size options (widescreen, 4:3,
etc). I've tried the button with the right-pointing arrow into a
square, but this cycles through some other screen options. The set is
only used on AV mode as I only have Sky.
Anyone got ideas as to how to get rid of this indicator.
TIA
Iain

Do you have a button on the remote called "display"? Try pressing it, that
has done it in the past.

--
~Ohmster
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ohmster" wrote in message
"swarfmaker" wrote in
:

I can't get rid of the on-screen AV channel indicator (top left of
screen). I've tried the button with the cross inside a square, but
this only cycles through the screen size options (widescreen, 4:3,
etc). I've tried the button with the right-pointing arrow into a
square, but this cycles through some other screen options. The set is
only used on AV mode as I only have Sky.
Anyone got ideas as to how to get rid of this indicator.
TIA
Iain

Do you have a button on the remote called "display"? Try pressing it, that
has done it in the past.

--
~Ohmster

OK, I've got it now. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the graphics on
the buttons.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"swarfmaker" wrote in message

OK, I've got it now. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the graphics on
the buttons.

Obviously you need a remote for the remote.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"swarfmaker" wrote in message

OK, I've got it now. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the graphics
on the buttons.

Obviously you need a remote for the remote.

But then what would the graphics on those buttons be like?????????