DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need a 2.5" speaker driver (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/173768-need-2-5-speaker-driver.html)

[email protected] August 25th 06 06:26 PM

need a 2.5" speaker driver

Hi all,
I discovered that a 2.5" speaker driver that i had in my speaker system
had blown, and i want to replace it, but cant seem to find any around.
anybody know of where i could get one?

need it to be 8Ohms
40 Watts

thanks a bunch!

mc August 26th 06 03:27 AM

need a 2.5" speaker driver

Ask on rec.audio.tech and give the make and model of the speaker in which
you're replacing it. One place to look is www.parts-express.com.

[email protected] August 26th 06 06:42 PM

need a 2.5" speaker driver

wrote:

Hi all,
I discovered that a 2.5" speaker driver that i had in my speaker system
had blown, and i want to replace it, but cant seem to find any around.
anybody know of where i could get one?

need it to be 8Ohms
40 Watts

thanks a bunch!

I'd be surprised if any 2.5" speaker were worth replacing. This is the
junk end of the market (unless its a tweeter). If a junk product, most
electronic component companies sell miniature speakers.

If its a tweeter in a genuinely 40w system, rather than a plastic 1w
rms 40wpmpo pc speaker system, you'll want to get something the same or
similar, so more info needed. And again, component suppliers would be a
reasonable place to start. Or if youre brave you could rewind it.

NT

[email protected] August 27th 06 05:26 AM

need a 2.5" speaker driver

Hi mc,
thanks for the suggestion, i didnt know rec.audio.tech existed